Well we’re supposed to get a storm Sunday/Monday next week, yes March is coming in like a lion! It isn’t very often that we can take advantage of mother nature providing moisture to our gardens so here is a list of things that you should take advantage of between now and first of March!
- apply pre emergent herbicide. it has to be watered in to be effective so let the rain water it in for you, and you’ll get protection from the next round of weeds that way!
- fertilize-roses, citrus, winter lawns, trees, established vegetable garden..pretty much every thing in your landscape except maybe the very newly planted needs fertilized this time of year. let the coming rain water it in for you!
- Plant something-whether it is an annual flower or bedding plant or a shade or fruit tree-the coming rain and cool weather will help it get watered in and established much more effectively than any irrigation system can!
- Wash your car-that will insure that it rains!
- Have fun and enjoy remember we only get 7″ a year, make the most of it!