As much as we’d love for it to happen sooner, those of us who’ve lived here a long time know that it’s November when it really feels like fall here! It’s happened again. As we write this post, it is raining and in the 60’s-Yeah!!
First of all Congratulations to the Cubs and the long awaited World Series Championship. Cleveland-you rock! what a series and as the Cubs are too familiar saying-wait til next year!
Here is a a list of what you should or could be doing now:
- Still time to plant that winter lawn
- Plant cool season vegetables-https://jharperlandscapeadvisors.com/caresheets/plantingdates.pdf
- Plant Shade Trees,Citrus,shrubs and vines now while the soil is still warm and the air is cool
- If you’ve mowed your winter lawn, fertilize and repeat every 30 days with 21-7-14
- Keep your vegetable garden well feed with Hickman’s fertilizer
- Plant those cool season flowers-Geraniums, Petunias, Pansies, Lobelia, Alyssum, Marigolds…….
- Keep an eye out for Caterpillars-they are everywhere and just about on everything!
- Be sure to reduce watering frequencies (not duration). Your landscape needs about 1/2 the water frequency now as it did in the summer months
- Plan ahead if you want a landscape makeover before Christmas-We could still get you that dream garden in time for the Big Man on the Sled to arrive in style!-he may not want to leave if you have that back yard resort!